You may be wanting to transfer your Health data when switching to a new Watch or iPhone. Do not worry, as this process is simple. Just back up the data and then sync it with the new device. Let’s check out the steps for doing so.
The method of backing-up the health data with an encrypted iCloud / iTunes back-up
- Firstly, connect the iPhone or iPad to the PC by USB cable.
- Then, launch the iTunes.
- After that, press on the device bar. It shall be present in the tab.
- Next, tap on Summary if you are not in that part.
- Then, press on the square that is placed after the Encrypt iPhone/iPad back-up option.
- After that, press on Back Up Now. It shall be under Manually Back Up and Restore.
The method of sync with iCloud
- Like the iOS 11 device, Apple gives encrypted syncing of the Health information to iCloud, the way it keeps the notes and the rest of the data. Before moving further, you have to ensure that the phone and Apple Watch have been updated.
- After it is turned on, iCloud shall sync the health data.
- Note that if you wish to set-up another iPhone before setting-up the smartwatch, you will be able to synchronize it before the smartwatch without any issues.
The method of using Health Data Importer for moving health data to a new iPhone
- Firstly, launch the Health application on the present iPhone.
- Then, press the Health Data tab.
- After that, press symbol of the User. It shall be towards the above right-hand side corner.
- Next, click on Export Health Data.
- Then, press on Export. It will take some time.
- After that, you need to save the final export to the Files application.
- Next, set up the new iPhone of your wish.
- Then, view the Health application.
- After that, put your information.
- Then, you need to download Health Data Importer. You’ll get it from the App Store.
- Next, view the Health Data Importer.
- After that, press on Import.
- Then, choose export.zip. You’ll get it from the selected place in the Files application.
- Next, choose the single sources that you want to import to your iPhone or else press on Select All for moving the whole Health back-up to the device.
- Then, press on Next.
- Press ‘Turn All Categories On’. It shall be on the Health Access prompt. It should be done for allowing the application for writing the Health repository.
- After that, press on Allow.
- Next, view the Files app application for one time as soon as Health Data Importer is done with the import work.
- Then, press Select. It shall be towards the upper right-hand side corner.
- Next, search and choose the export.zip Health file.
- After that, press the delete option.
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.