There are different ways to lock Windows 10 devices. Starting with facial recognition, fingerprint to password, and so on. Unfortunately, there is no automatic method for locking the device whenever you are away. There is a default option for locking manually before leaving, or else your system will get locked according to the power settings. Dynamic Lock is a feature on Windows 10 which turns on the device lock by itself with the help of a smartphone.
Turning on Bluetooth in Windows 10
- Firstly, press the combination Windows+I for opening Windows Settings application.
- Then, press on the ”Devices” option.
- After that, enable ‘Bluetooth’ under ‘Bluetooth and other devices’ part.
Enable the Bluetooth in smartphone
- Firstly, click on the Settings application.
- Then, press on Bluetooth. And turn it on.
Connecting the smartphone and computer
- Firstly, return to Windows Settings page of the computer.
- Next, press on the + symbol which displays ‘Add Bluetooth or other device’.
- Then, on the section of ‘Add a device’ display. Select the ‘Bluetooth’ option.
- After that, click on the name of your smartphone so that you can get the PIN number.
- Next, have a look at your phone.
- Then, write the PIN for confirmation.
The method of setting up Dynamic lock on Windows 10
- Firstly, press the combination of Windows+I buttons for opening the Setting application.
- Then, press on the ‘Accounts’ part.
- After that, move to ‘Log-in options’.
- Next, move to ‘Dynamic Lock’ part.
- Then, turn on the CheckBox which displays ‘Allow Windows to automatically lock your device when you’re away’.
- If there is any problem while connecting, then you shall get an alert stating ‘Bluetooth is off’ or else Computer doesn’t have any paired device. For such a situation, fix the Bluetooth connectivity issue and make sure that you have connected the computer with a smartphone.
Advantages and disadvantages
- At the workplace where you don’t remember to lock your system and go for lunch.
- Forgot to lock the system and went away somewhere.
- Many times it has been observed that children start working on the system before the system gets locked.
- People can easily get access to the system with the sign in details.
The dynamic lock is a feature which helps you lock your device whenever you are not around it. People usually get confused about the threats security mechanism. For such things, you should set password protection on the files on your system.
Kellie Minton is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.